4 May 2020

Online Ikebana Workshop





Create with what Is… Online Ikebana Workshop




To get uplifted during these special times and now that spring has finally come and that we can find branches and flowers more easily in nature, what about learning how to make a flower arrangement using the basic principles of ikebana (Japanese flower arrangement)? I’m offering an online workshop this Friday May 8 at 2 pm, Ottawa time.



You will need:

a pair of good gardening shears

1 shallow vessel (can be a serving dish, a cake tin mold, etc.)

1 plastic bowl and 1 pitcher full of water

3-5 spring flowers (e.g. tulips, daffodils, trilliums or what you’ll find in a store)

3 branches (dogwood and horsetail are easily available in nature, and forsythias are starting to bloom)

1 frog (available in some flower shops, at Michaels in the flower section or online at Lee Valley), or floral foam (Oasis)



Cost: The workshop is free, but I encourage you to make a donation to a local food bank.



You don’t have the necessary material but are interested? No problem, I will do a demo that can inspire your future creations.



If you’re not available at the proposed date and time, send me an email at christianeryan@gmail.com with your availability and I’ll try to organize another session according to the demand.



To register, send me your email address and I will send you a link to the Zoom session.



If you need more information, send me an email.



Looking forward to creating together!

No comments:

Post a Comment